Alright so it turns out last week we weren’t all that honest with you. The editor-in-chief is still MIA somewhere in Scandinavia, or maybe Iceland. We couldn’t hear what he was saying through all of his thick winter clothes and ski mask. He’ll be back soon enough, but in the meantime you’ve got another assistant editor-hosted Studio Audience which, by all accounts, is the best one ever. Yup, by ALL accounts. Let’s have a listen shall we?
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
Section one saw us exploring the new sculptural creations of legendary musician-cum-painter-cum-creative-guru Bob Dylan before we segued seamlessly into a quick preview of this year’s Frieze Masters, discussed the incredibly potent photography of the late Tim Heatherington, who’s been posthumously awarded the Mcrary Award for excellence in journalism before having a quick chat about Rookie editor-in-chief Tavi Gevinson’s new film career.
Section two took a long, hard look at the now infamous Kanye West interview on Radio One this week in which he subjected Zane Lowe to an hour’s worth of rant. That was interesting enough but some of the questions he raised about the design industry were what got our tongues wagging. Then we tooted our own trumpet in celebration of the Autumn edition of Printed Pages. And why not, it’s a beauty!
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)