Alright so it turns out last week we weren’t all that honest with you. The editor-in-chief is still MIA somewhere in Scandinavia, or maybe Iceland. We couldn’t hear what he was saying through all of his thick winter clothes and ski mask. He’ll be back soon enough, but in the meantime you’ve got another assistant editor-hosted Studio Audience which, by all accounts, is the best one ever. Yup, by ALL accounts. Let’s have a listen shall we?
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
Section one saw us exploring the new sculptural creations of legendary musician-cum-painter-cum-creative-guru Bob Dylan before we segued seamlessly into a quick preview of this year’s Frieze Masters, discussed the incredibly potent photography of the late Tim Heatherington, who’s been posthumously awarded the Mcrary Award for excellence in journalism before having a quick chat about Rookie editor-in-chief Tavi Gevinson’s new film career.
Section two took a long, hard look at the now infamous Kanye West interview on Radio One this week in which he subjected Zane Lowe to an hour’s worth of rant. That was interesting enough but some of the questions he raised about the design industry were what got our tongues wagging. Then we tooted our own trumpet in celebration of the Autumn edition of Printed Pages. And why not, it’s a beauty!
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design