Alright so it turns out last week we weren’t all that honest with you. The editor-in-chief is still MIA somewhere in Scandinavia, or maybe Iceland. We couldn’t hear what he was saying through all of his thick winter clothes and ski mask. He’ll be back soon enough, but in the meantime you’ve got another assistant editor-hosted Studio Audience which, by all accounts, is the best one ever. Yup, by ALL accounts. Let’s have a listen shall we?
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
Section one saw us exploring the new sculptural creations of legendary musician-cum-painter-cum-creative-guru Bob Dylan before we segued seamlessly into a quick preview of this year’s Frieze Masters, discussed the incredibly potent photography of the late Tim Heatherington, who’s been posthumously awarded the Mcrary Award for excellence in journalism before having a quick chat about Rookie editor-in-chief Tavi Gevinson’s new film career.
Section two took a long, hard look at the now infamous Kanye West interview on Radio One this week in which he subjected Zane Lowe to an hour’s worth of rant. That was interesting enough but some of the questions he raised about the design industry were what got our tongues wagging. Then we tooted our own trumpet in celebration of the Autumn edition of Printed Pages. And why not, it’s a beauty!
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Considered, understated but experimental work from Berlin studio Tim+Tim
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Unusual perspectives on imagined architectures by Atelier Olschinsky
- Photographing the migrant crisis with a focus on people, not sensationalism
- What are creatives' favourite words?
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- Printed Pages SS16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Rome-based Andrea Chronopoulos’ illustrations are quirky and a little bit cheeky
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled