Alright so it turns out last week we weren’t all that honest with you. The editor-in-chief is still MIA somewhere in Scandinavia, or maybe Iceland. We couldn’t hear what he was saying through all of his thick winter clothes and ski mask. He’ll be back soon enough, but in the meantime you’ve got another assistant editor-hosted Studio Audience which, by all accounts, is the best one ever. Yup, by ALL accounts. Let’s have a listen shall we?
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
Section one saw us exploring the new sculptural creations of legendary musician-cum-painter-cum-creative-guru Bob Dylan before we segued seamlessly into a quick preview of this year’s Frieze Masters, discussed the incredibly potent photography of the late Tim Heatherington, who’s been posthumously awarded the Mcrary Award for excellence in journalism before having a quick chat about Rookie editor-in-chief Tavi Gevinson’s new film career.
Section two took a long, hard look at the now infamous Kanye West interview on Radio One this week in which he subjected Zane Lowe to an hour’s worth of rant. That was interesting enough but some of the questions he raised about the design industry were what got our tongues wagging. Then we tooted our own trumpet in celebration of the Autumn edition of Printed Pages. And why not, it’s a beauty!
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)