Hello world. Have you missed us? Course you ruddy have; you’ve had weeks where your fundamental arts and design chat needs have gone tragically uncatered for. But breathe a sigh of relief one and all because the It’s Nice That podcast is back, condensing various stories from the last week into a hands bus-journey filling 23 minutes. So sit up straight, download this week’s offering and rejoice at the glory of pod.
First up this week we discussed Yahoo!’s 30 days of Change project whereby they are changing their logo every day ahead of a relaunch next month, then we looked at Maria Sharapaova’s plan to change her to name to her own sweets brand for the upcoming US Open and we celebrated brilliant blog Before They Were Famous which lets us peek into the student portfolios of top advertising world names. Finally we looked at Vice’s new video series documenting nights out in the UK and shared a few thoughts about their recent deal with 21st Century Fox.
The main story we tackled in the second section of this week’s pod was the decision of the New York Supreme Court to reject a case against photographer Arne Svenson who took photos of his neighbour using a telephoto lens.
Then we looked at the decision by the Andy Warhol Foundation to set up a 24/7 live webcam feed of the artist’s grave and discussed why it seems like a fitting tribute to one of the 20th Century’s truly iconic figures.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016