Hello world. Have you missed us? Course you ruddy have; you’ve had weeks where your fundamental arts and design chat needs have gone tragically uncatered for. But breathe a sigh of relief one and all because the It’s Nice That podcast is back, condensing various stories from the last week into a hands bus-journey filling 23 minutes. So sit up straight, download this week’s offering and rejoice at the glory of pod.
First up this week we discussed Yahoo!’s 30 days of Change project whereby they are changing their logo every day ahead of a relaunch next month, then we looked at Maria Sharapaova’s plan to change her to name to her own sweets brand for the upcoming US Open and we celebrated brilliant blog Before They Were Famous which lets us peek into the student portfolios of top advertising world names. Finally we looked at Vice’s new video series documenting nights out in the UK and shared a few thoughts about their recent deal with 21st Century Fox.
The main story we tackled in the second section of this week’s pod was the decision of the New York Supreme Court to reject a case against photographer Arne Svenson who took photos of his neighbour using a telephoto lens.
Then we looked at the decision by the Andy Warhol Foundation to set up a 24/7 live webcam feed of the artist’s grave and discussed why it seems like a fitting tribute to one of the 20th Century’s truly iconic figures.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs