Hey pod fans! Nice to see you again, please accept this latest offering of Studio Audience with our compliments. Your spotter’s card for this episode includes the phrase “sibling-cum-romance vibe,” an unsubtle call for cake and Liv Siddall interjecting weirdly. Oh yeah and more art and design chat that you can waggle a stick at. Not sure why you’d want to do that though.
You can listen to the pod using the link above or download from iTunes here
In the first section we talked about last week’s Frieze art fair and questioned whether some of the stick the event gets is fair; we also discussed The Design Museum’s programme for next year and Morrissey’s autobiography being published in the hallowed Penguin Classics series which has upset some people.
As three Calvin & Hobbes devotees we welcomed the news that Bill Watterson had given an extremely rare interview to Mental Floss magazine and we asked whether creatives are within their rights to let their work speak for them.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations