So. Here we all are then, the cusp of the weekend, the mind-expanding promise of two whole days of wonder and glory. But to make the most of it you should be properly prepared and what better way to begin the whole darn shebang than with some art and design chat courtesy of our podcast? No better way we tells you!
In the first section we asked whether the Google Doodle honouring the late great Maurice Sendak was an ok thing to do, paid tribute to Charles Burns’ brilliant portraits for The Believer, examined the fallout from the Prism revelations and digested the big winners from this year’s D&AD awards.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August