So. Here we all are then, the cusp of the weekend, the mind-expanding promise of two whole days of wonder and glory. But to make the most of it you should be properly prepared and what better way to begin the whole darn shebang than with some art and design chat courtesy of our podcast? No better way we tells you!
In the first section we asked whether the Google Doodle honouring the late great Maurice Sendak was an ok thing to do, paid tribute to Charles Burns’ brilliant portraits for The Believer, examined the fallout from the Prism revelations and digested the big winners from this year’s D&AD awards.
- The wacky, zany and eccentric world of illustrator Egle Zvirblyte
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant