Question: How do you make Good Friday into Great Friday? Answer: By treating your ears, brain and funny bone to the new episode of the It’s Nice That podcast Studio Audience of course. In terms providing you, our lovely, loyal listeners with art and design chat from the very top drawer (ahem) then we were all like Bank Holiday? Schmank Holiday. So make the most of all this leisure time this weekend,download, ice back and dare to dream – it’s a four-person magazine special!
This week we kicked off talking about The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation’s challenge for someone to redesign the condom as an enhancer of sexual pleasure, we reflected on another blink-and-you’ll-miss-it sell-out for the new Punchdrunk show and asked whether sound art was the perfect fit for a Radio 4 audience. We also analysed Spotify’s first ever television advert (below) and discussed the rights and wrongs of a men’s toilet in London transformed into a swanky cafe.
To mark the publication our new magazine Printed Pages, we gathered the whole editorial team to discuss why we’ve relaunched our print offering, which stories meant the most to us and which other magazines served as inspirations on our journey (yes it WAS a journey)…
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August