Question: How do you make Good Friday into Great Friday? Answer: By treating your ears, brain and funny bone to the new episode of the It’s Nice That podcast Studio Audience of course. In terms providing you, our lovely, loyal listeners with art and design chat from the very top drawer (ahem) then we were all like Bank Holiday? Schmank Holiday. So make the most of all this leisure time this weekend,download, ice back and dare to dream – it’s a four-person magazine special!
This week we kicked off talking about The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation’s challenge for someone to redesign the condom as an enhancer of sexual pleasure, we reflected on another blink-and-you’ll-miss-it sell-out for the new Punchdrunk show and asked whether sound art was the perfect fit for a Radio 4 audience. We also analysed Spotify’s first ever television advert (below) and discussed the rights and wrongs of a men’s toilet in London transformed into a swanky cafe.
To mark the publication our new magazine Printed Pages, we gathered the whole editorial team to discuss why we’ve relaunched our print offering, which stories meant the most to us and which other magazines served as inspirations on our journey (yes it WAS a journey)…
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Devilish charm: the illustrations of Polly Nor
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity