Question: How do you make Good Friday into Great Friday? Answer: By treating your ears, brain and funny bone to the new episode of the It’s Nice That podcast Studio Audience of course. In terms providing you, our lovely, loyal listeners with art and design chat from the very top drawer (ahem) then we were all like Bank Holiday? Schmank Holiday. So make the most of all this leisure time this weekend,download, ice back and dare to dream – it’s a four-person magazine special!
This week we kicked off talking about The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation’s challenge for someone to redesign the condom as an enhancer of sexual pleasure, we reflected on another blink-and-you’ll-miss-it sell-out for the new Punchdrunk show and asked whether sound art was the perfect fit for a Radio 4 audience. We also analysed Spotify’s first ever television advert (below) and discussed the rights and wrongs of a men’s toilet in London transformed into a swanky cafe.
To mark the publication our new magazine Printed Pages, we gathered the whole editorial team to discuss why we’ve relaunched our print offering, which stories meant the most to us and which other magazines served as inspirations on our journey (yes it WAS a journey)…
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan