Knock, knock. Who’s There. Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. That makes no sense. You aren’t tangible. You don’t have hands. You couldn’t knock on a door. The best you could hope for would be for someone to play you under said door and hope the person inside hears. Even then they wouldn’t say who’s there. Idiot. Hands or not, enjoy this week’s offering…
In the first section we discussed why the weird and wonderful Jim’ll Paint It has won so many admirers, looked at a massive new design library in South Korea with an unfortunate catch, asked whether innocent’s hard-fought creative reputation could suffer as Coca Cola takes over the majority of the smoothie company, considered why the brilliant Trendy Design Generator had struck such a chord with graphic designers everywhere and looked briefly at Design Indaba’s stellar line-up.
First up in section two we looked at Wieden + Kennedy’s advert for Three (above) featuring a moonwlaking pony that has taken the internet by viral storm, even winning glowing reviews from Creative Review’s notoriously hard-to-please commenters. But of course like night follows day for every successful viral there are any number of spoofs quick to spring up (below).
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations