Knock, knock. Who’s There. Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. That makes no sense. You aren’t tangible. You don’t have hands. You couldn’t knock on a door. The best you could hope for would be for someone to play you under said door and hope the person inside hears. Even then they wouldn’t say who’s there. Idiot. Hands or not, enjoy this week’s offering…
In the first section we discussed why the weird and wonderful Jim’ll Paint It has won so many admirers, looked at a massive new design library in South Korea with an unfortunate catch, asked whether innocent’s hard-fought creative reputation could suffer as Coca Cola takes over the majority of the smoothie company, considered why the brilliant Trendy Design Generator had struck such a chord with graphic designers everywhere and looked briefly at Design Indaba’s stellar line-up.
First up in section two we looked at Wieden + Kennedy’s advert for Three (above) featuring a moonwlaking pony that has taken the internet by viral storm, even winning glowing reviews from Creative Review’s notoriously hard-to-please commenters. But of course like night follows day for every successful viral there are any number of spoofs quick to spring up (below).
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language