Word up pod fans, it’s been too long! Since the last time we heard from you we lost some friends, well, hell me and Snoop are dipping again…no, wait, that was Dr Dre not us. Since the last time Studio Audience checked in we’ve had Christmas, New year and the whole of January and maybe you thought we’d disappeared. Well like a popular soap opera character we are back from the abyss with Series Three. We’ve shaken things up a bit but still aim to deliver you 22 minutes of art and design news, views and nonsense every ruddy week. So kick back, pour yourself a gin n juice and enjoy…
In the first section we looked at five talking points from the creative world, starting with the homoerotic Guy Ritchie/David Beckham love-in for H&M (above); discussed our new Ideal Studio project with Represent Recruitment where we look at what factors contribute to a top creative environment; we paid tribute to Andre Cassagnes the man who invented Etch-a-Sketch and revealed why his plans to become a baker were thwarted; we loved The Guardian’s interactive View from the Top of the Shard and we basked in our own glory over the #designfilms hashtag, in light of the new Steve Jobs biopic (below).
In the second section we started off with Superbowl adverts, rating a few, slating a few and discussing THAT halftime show.
And we looked at the furore (great word that) over Faber’s 50th anniversary cover for Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar which critics have slammed as belt tiling the novel to the status of chick-lit, but others have defended as an understandable new direction from the publishers.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs