Oof Friday you fiery, flirty crossroads of the week, will we ever get truly used to you? Probably not, but we’re here to help with the new episode of our Studio Audience podcast so why not tune in to hear us talk about all things art and design, and look out in particular for the world’s clunkiest James Bond pun and Liv’s feeble attempt to pose as a football fan. Enjoy!
This week our look back on the site took us to Tim Walker’s fantastical photography injecting some surreal silliness into the po-faced world of high fashion, we also looked at Push Projects’ gorgeous book the obsessive-world of hand-made bike builders and we talked about Steve Welsh’s efforts to create interesting engaging art about the noble/despicable (delete as appropriate) world of football.
We talked about the row over product placement in the new James Bond film which has been robustly defended by director by director Sam Mendes and we revelled in the great news that the Wellcome Collection is to expand as visitor numbers soared past projected targets.
The best things we saw this week
Here’s that super weird bottle video we discussed…
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant