It’s Nice That’s Studio Audience podcast is back and we’ve changed up a few things to produce what we hope is a new and improved audio offering. Editor Rob Alderson is joined by founder/director Will Hudson and Liv Siddall of the editorial team for 23 minutes of cultural conversation which sounds kind of serious but in all honesty it really isn’t.
Recorded in our east london studio (for that full trucks-going-by-outside effect) our now weekly podcast begins with a look at articles on the site which have caught our eye this week. And in this episode we also cover the new free Time Out, the Turner Prize and Liv says “pube” quite a lot. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you may need:
We looked at our favourite things from the site which were The Andy Rementer/RCA/Espirit project which Will brought, CANADA’s extraordinary love letter to Italy and, er, love for 55DSL and drunken debauchery captured Cardiff style in Maciej Dakowicz’ photographs (and the Sean O’Hagan Observer article about the series).
The Best Thing We Saw This Week
Here’s Tara Palmer Tompkinson’s music video mentioned by Liv and a link to that extraordinary photo of the Romney/Obama stand-ins so you can see the full glory for yourselves.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs