It’s Nice That’s Studio Audience podcast is back and we’ve changed up a few things to produce what we hope is a new and improved audio offering. Editor Rob Alderson is joined by founder/director Will Hudson and Liv Siddall of the editorial team for 23 minutes of cultural conversation which sounds kind of serious but in all honesty it really isn’t.
Recorded in our east london studio (for that full trucks-going-by-outside effect) our now weekly podcast begins with a look at articles on the site which have caught our eye this week. And in this episode we also cover the new free Time Out, the Turner Prize and Liv says “pube” quite a lot. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you may need:
We looked at our favourite things from the site which were The Andy Rementer/RCA/Espirit project which Will brought, CANADA’s extraordinary love letter to Italy and, er, love for 55DSL and drunken debauchery captured Cardiff style in Maciej Dakowicz’ photographs (and the Sean O’Hagan Observer article about the series).
The Best Thing We Saw This Week
Here’s Tara Palmer Tompkinson’s music video mentioned by Liv and a link to that extraordinary photo of the Romney/Obama stand-ins so you can see the full glory for yourselves.
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity