It’s Nice That’s Studio Audience podcast is back and we’ve changed up a few things to produce what we hope is a new and improved audio offering. Editor Rob Alderson is joined by founder/director Will Hudson and Liv Siddall of the editorial team for 23 minutes of cultural conversation which sounds kind of serious but in all honesty it really isn’t.
Recorded in our east london studio (for that full trucks-going-by-outside effect) our now weekly podcast begins with a look at articles on the site which have caught our eye this week. And in this episode we also cover the new free Time Out, the Turner Prize and Liv says “pube” quite a lot. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you may need:
We looked at our favourite things from the site which were The Andy Rementer/RCA/Espirit project which Will brought, CANADA’s extraordinary love letter to Italy and, er, love for 55DSL and drunken debauchery captured Cardiff style in Maciej Dakowicz’ photographs (and the Sean O’Hagan Observer article about the series).
The Best Thing We Saw This Week
Here’s Tara Palmer Tompkinson’s music video mentioned by Liv and a link to that extraordinary photo of the Romney/Obama stand-ins so you can see the full glory for yourselves.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August