It’s Nice That’s Studio Audience podcast is back and we’ve changed up a few things to produce what we hope is a new and improved audio offering. Editor Rob Alderson is joined by founder/director Will Hudson and Liv Siddall of the editorial team for 23 minutes of cultural conversation which sounds kind of serious but in all honesty it really isn’t.
Recorded in our east london studio (for that full trucks-going-by-outside effect) our now weekly podcast begins with a look at articles on the site which have caught our eye this week. And in this episode we also cover the new free Time Out, the Turner Prize and Liv says “pube” quite a lot. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you may need:
We looked at our favourite things from the site which were The Andy Rementer/RCA/Espirit project which Will brought, CANADA’s extraordinary love letter to Italy and, er, love for 55DSL and drunken debauchery captured Cardiff style in Maciej Dakowicz’ photographs (and the Sean O’Hagan Observer article about the series).
The Best Thing We Saw This Week
Here’s Tara Palmer Tompkinson’s music video mentioned by Liv and a link to that extraordinary photo of the Romney/Obama stand-ins so you can see the full glory for yourselves.
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf