Here at It’s Nice That we get pretty excited about all sorts of geeky stuff; starting a new book, the smell of fresh prints and a well-executed pun on Twitter. We also freakin’ love seeing excellent graphic design in an alphabet that’s not Roman – like Korean. We’re THAT cool. So allow us to introduce you to a studio that satisfies at least one of those niche interests (the latter) with some obsessively executed design work.
Sulki & Min are a Seoul-based design duo who met while studying at Yale in 2001. In the intervening 11 years they’ve worked together constantly, refining their graphic work and intensifying their studies, including a stint researching at the Jan van Eyck Akademie in Maastricht. They’ve also dabbled in some impressive commercial work, designing the logo for the prestigious BMW Guggenheim Lab in mid 2011. With a portfolio that’s spilling over with fresh and experimental work it’s hard to select a few images to show you here, so we recommend settling down with a cup of tea and their portfolio site for a good old click-about.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris