If you had a heavy weekend it’s possible that your spending Monday morning having a good old think about what you just put your body through and so this is the perfect time to talk about Sylvain Dumais’ new project. Inspired by the idea of the body as a temple, he has created these mandalas – circular artistic patterns used a lot in Buddhist and Hindu art – out of some of the things with which we subject our insides, including sweets, cigarettes and pills.
Fundamentally these are ideas that have been explored before but this is elevated above many of its peers thanks to both the unusual manifestation and exquisite execution. Cigarettes never looked so beautiful.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016