If you had a heavy weekend it’s possible that your spending Monday morning having a good old think about what you just put your body through and so this is the perfect time to talk about Sylvain Dumais’ new project. Inspired by the idea of the body as a temple, he has created these mandalas – circular artistic patterns used a lot in Buddhist and Hindu art – out of some of the things with which we subject our insides, including sweets, cigarettes and pills.
Fundamentally these are ideas that have been explored before but this is elevated above many of its peers thanks to both the unusual manifestation and exquisite execution. Cigarettes never looked so beautiful.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf