If you had a heavy weekend it’s possible that your spending Monday morning having a good old think about what you just put your body through and so this is the perfect time to talk about Sylvain Dumais’ new project. Inspired by the idea of the body as a temple, he has created these mandalas – circular artistic patterns used a lot in Buddhist and Hindu art – out of some of the things with which we subject our insides, including sweets, cigarettes and pills.
Fundamentally these are ideas that have been explored before but this is elevated above many of its peers thanks to both the unusual manifestation and exquisite execution. Cigarettes never looked so beautiful.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”