Spring Break was in May yeah, yeah, yeah we know, but gay marriage was only legal in the US in the last month or so. So what better way to celebrate this than with The Lonely Island (of I’m on a boat fame) and their stonker of a political sketch entitled Spring Break Anthem. The Lonely Island lay down a pretty good argument for gay marriage by comparing it to the government-approved annual beers-on-tits-parade that is spring break.
Amongst clips of boys with “boobs” graffed across their t shirts, semi-naked underage girls, and young people shotting and bonging any kind of liquid they can get their STD-stained hands on, they’ve placed clips of wonderfully clean and well-dressed gay couples tying the knot emotionally and with dignity across America. The mish-mash of lyrics to this political, viral last word say it all, “Trashing hotel rooms, clogging up toilets, beer goggles if she’s a hag, planning the menu, picking out flowers, nailing sluts and writing our vows!” You can sing along with the lyrics here
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations