Spring Break was in May yeah, yeah, yeah we know, but gay marriage was only legal in the US in the last month or so. So what better way to celebrate this than with The Lonely Island (of I’m on a boat fame) and their stonker of a political sketch entitled Spring Break Anthem. The Lonely Island lay down a pretty good argument for gay marriage by comparing it to the government-approved annual beers-on-tits-parade that is spring break.
Amongst clips of boys with “boobs” graffed across their t shirts, semi-naked underage girls, and young people shotting and bonging any kind of liquid they can get their STD-stained hands on, they’ve placed clips of wonderfully clean and well-dressed gay couples tying the knot emotionally and with dignity across America. The mish-mash of lyrics to this political, viral last word say it all, “Trashing hotel rooms, clogging up toilets, beer goggles if she’s a hag, planning the menu, picking out flowers, nailing sluts and writing our vows!” You can sing along with the lyrics here
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s