Spring Break was in May yeah, yeah, yeah we know, but gay marriage was only legal in the US in the last month or so. So what better way to celebrate this than with The Lonely Island (of I’m on a boat fame) and their stonker of a political sketch entitled Spring Break Anthem. The Lonely Island lay down a pretty good argument for gay marriage by comparing it to the government-approved annual beers-on-tits-parade that is spring break.
Amongst clips of boys with “boobs” graffed across their t shirts, semi-naked underage girls, and young people shotting and bonging any kind of liquid they can get their STD-stained hands on, they’ve placed clips of wonderfully clean and well-dressed gay couples tying the knot emotionally and with dignity across America. The mish-mash of lyrics to this political, viral last word say it all, “Trashing hotel rooms, clogging up toilets, beer goggles if she’s a hag, planning the menu, picking out flowers, nailing sluts and writing our vows!” You can sing along with the lyrics here
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"