Spring Break was in May yeah, yeah, yeah we know, but gay marriage was only legal in the US in the last month or so. So what better way to celebrate this than with The Lonely Island (of I’m on a boat fame) and their stonker of a political sketch entitled Spring Break Anthem. The Lonely Island lay down a pretty good argument for gay marriage by comparing it to the government-approved annual beers-on-tits-parade that is spring break.
Amongst clips of boys with “boobs” graffed across their t shirts, semi-naked underage girls, and young people shotting and bonging any kind of liquid they can get their STD-stained hands on, they’ve placed clips of wonderfully clean and well-dressed gay couples tying the knot emotionally and with dignity across America. The mish-mash of lyrics to this political, viral last word say it all, “Trashing hotel rooms, clogging up toilets, beer goggles if she’s a hag, planning the menu, picking out flowers, nailing sluts and writing our vows!” You can sing along with the lyrics here
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale