Spring Break was in May yeah, yeah, yeah we know, but gay marriage was only legal in the US in the last month or so. So what better way to celebrate this than with The Lonely Island (of I’m on a boat fame) and their stonker of a political sketch entitled Spring Break Anthem. The Lonely Island lay down a pretty good argument for gay marriage by comparing it to the government-approved annual beers-on-tits-parade that is spring break.
Amongst clips of boys with “boobs” graffed across their t shirts, semi-naked underage girls, and young people shotting and bonging any kind of liquid they can get their STD-stained hands on, they’ve placed clips of wonderfully clean and well-dressed gay couples tying the knot emotionally and with dignity across America. The mish-mash of lyrics to this political, viral last word say it all, “Trashing hotel rooms, clogging up toilets, beer goggles if she’s a hag, planning the menu, picking out flowers, nailing sluts and writing our vows!” You can sing along with the lyrics here
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain