Calling all UK students! Are you just swimming back to proper consciousness following the hand-in of all of your laboured-over third year work? We hope so. Well done all of you! Running alongside our It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 competition (supported again by Represent Recruitment) this year we have another very exciting offer to share with you.
We are offering one graduate from any university in the UK the chance to win a six month desk space at the London Studio of The Mill Co. Project, “a social enterprise scheme designed to create an environment in which independent designers and artists can flourish and work both independently and as part of a community.”
Immersive and community-driven, this east London desk space will open up a whole new world of potential collaborations and community-based projects to kickstart your career, plus essentials like internet access and meeting facilities.
The competition is simple, all you need to do is design an item that could potentially be sold in The Mill Co. Store. From T-shirts to tea towels and from mugs to stationery, this is your chance to create something you’ve always wanted to see come to life and could win you a seriously coveted prize. To enter, please email your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Desk Space.”
The closing date is Sunday July 28.
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- The world’s largest Renoir collection is made accessible to all by filmmaker Phil Grabsky
- Ryan Peltier plays with scale in his neatly constructed space-themed illustrations
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016