Calling all UK students! Are you just swimming back to proper consciousness following the hand-in of all of your laboured-over third year work? We hope so. Well done all of you! Running alongside our It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 competition (supported again by Represent Recruitment) this year we have another very exciting offer to share with you.
We are offering one graduate from any university in the UK the chance to win a six month desk space at the London Studio of The Mill Co. Project, “a social enterprise scheme designed to create an environment in which independent designers and artists can flourish and work both independently and as part of a community.”
Immersive and community-driven, this east London desk space will open up a whole new world of potential collaborations and community-based projects to kickstart your career, plus essentials like internet access and meeting facilities.
The competition is simple, all you need to do is design an item that could potentially be sold in The Mill Co. Store. From T-shirts to tea towels and from mugs to stationery, this is your chance to create something you’ve always wanted to see come to life and could win you a seriously coveted prize. To enter, please email your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Desk Space.”
The closing date is Sunday July 28.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting