Calling all UK students! Are you just swimming back to proper consciousness following the hand-in of all of your laboured-over third year work? We hope so. Well done all of you! Running alongside our It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 competition (supported again by Represent Recruitment) this year we have another very exciting offer to share with you.
We are offering one graduate from any university in the UK the chance to win a six month desk space at the London Studio of The Mill Co. Project, “a social enterprise scheme designed to create an environment in which independent designers and artists can flourish and work both independently and as part of a community.”
Immersive and community-driven, this east London desk space will open up a whole new world of potential collaborations and community-based projects to kickstart your career, plus essentials like internet access and meeting facilities.
The competition is simple, all you need to do is design an item that could potentially be sold in The Mill Co. Store. From T-shirts to tea towels and from mugs to stationery, this is your chance to create something you’ve always wanted to see come to life and could win you a seriously coveted prize. To enter, please email your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Desk Space.”
The closing date is Sunday July 28.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again