Calling all UK students! Are you just swimming back to proper consciousness following the hand-in of all of your laboured-over third year work? We hope so. Well done all of you! Running alongside our It’s Nice That Graduates 2013 competition (supported again by Represent Recruitment) this year we have another very exciting offer to share with you.
We are offering one graduate from any university in the UK the chance to win a six month desk space at the London Studio of The Mill Co. Project, “a social enterprise scheme designed to create an environment in which independent designers and artists can flourish and work both independently and as part of a community.”
Immersive and community-driven, this east London desk space will open up a whole new world of potential collaborations and community-based projects to kickstart your career, plus essentials like internet access and meeting facilities.
The competition is simple, all you need to do is design an item that could potentially be sold in The Mill Co. Store. From T-shirts to tea towels and from mugs to stationery, this is your chance to create something you’ve always wanted to see come to life and could win you a seriously coveted prize. To enter, please email your designs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Desk Space.”
The closing date is Sunday July 28.
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Considered, understated but experimental work from Berlin studio Tim+Tim
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Unusual perspectives on imagined architectures by Atelier Olschinsky
- Photographing the migrant crisis with a focus on people, not sensationalism
- What are creatives' favourite words?
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- Printed Pages SS16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Rome-based Andrea Chronopoulos’ illustrations are quirky and a little bit cheeky
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled