Top three gardens? Eden, Hanging of Babylon and Covent probably. Anyway, the ever-interesting Seprentine Gallery is going gaga for all things garden during its sixth annual marathon event this weekend. With artists, poets, writers, philosophers, designers and a few proper green-fingers, the two-day event explores gardens from spatial, cultural and scientific points of view, with the kind of stellar line-up that will make you rub you eyes in a proper cartoon-character-is-amazed way. Jake Chapman, Elizabeth Diller of New York High Line fame and Oxford maths professor Marcus de Sautoy on the same bill? Don’t mind if we do.
Tickets cost between £10 and £25.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again