Top three gardens? Eden, Hanging of Babylon and Covent probably. Anyway, the ever-interesting Seprentine Gallery is going gaga for all things garden during its sixth annual marathon event this weekend. With artists, poets, writers, philosophers, designers and a few proper green-fingers, the two-day event explores gardens from spatial, cultural and scientific points of view, with the kind of stellar line-up that will make you rub you eyes in a proper cartoon-character-is-amazed way. Jake Chapman, Elizabeth Diller of New York High Line fame and Oxford maths professor Marcus de Sautoy on the same bill? Don’t mind if we do.
Tickets cost between £10 and £25.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”