Hey gang. How’s your week been going? Really? You did what? You filthy, filthy devil. That’s right, The Weekender’s back, and it’s going to smash into your bewildered face just like the hangover’s probably going to tomorrow morning. Until then, onwards to our doom…
Best of the Site
In the last five days we have got up close (without being in any danger) to Luca Sage’s Street Fight photographs, we considered taking up pipe-smoking because of this fabulous re-design, and were totally enchanted by Jose Domingo’s spectacular illustrations.
Best of Best of the Web
Art galore this week as we saw a fantastic interview with Alex Katz and another with Grayson Perry. We also witnessed Salvador Dali’s pretty weird home and got morbidly excited about the new death show at the Wellcome collection.
Best of the Rest
Secret tricks of the trade this week as Rookie showed us a basic guide to taking a better photo, Charlie Porter reviews the weatherman’s controversial jeans (better luck next time) and Richard Ayoade tells Dazed Digital how The Graduate influenced his work.
Tweet of the Week
“GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK FOR 3 SECONDS.”
Comedian @RobDelaney upon reading the BBC article “Could the BBC have done more to help Hungarian Jews in 1944?”
Best, rudest, grossest mash-up video of the week
The poor victim? Sweet, sweet Nigella…
You’ve-got-too-much-spare-time-Tumblr of the week.
What if Adele was Mrs.Doubtfire? This Tumblr will answer that niggling question.
Best puberty-fuelled rap of the week
Some people’s childhoods are different than others. Meet the Twerton Youtez
Best non-pretentious penthouse of the week
Prepare for yourself for house-envy.
Theme Park of the Week
Going to Asia soon? Don’t miss the new Toilet Theme Park whatever you do!
And what better way to end The Weekender than with a picture of a small boy on a Mcdonald’s themed horse? Okay, bye now! (shuts door)
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors