Hey gang. How’s your week been going? Really? You did what? You filthy, filthy devil. That’s right, The Weekender’s back, and it’s going to smash into your bewildered face just like the hangover’s probably going to tomorrow morning. Until then, onwards to our doom…
Best of the Site
In the last five days we have got up close (without being in any danger) to Luca Sage’s Street Fight photographs, we considered taking up pipe-smoking because of this fabulous re-design, and were totally enchanted by Jose Domingo’s spectacular illustrations.
Best of Best of the Web
Art galore this week as we saw a fantastic interview with Alex Katz and another with Grayson Perry. We also witnessed Salvador Dali’s pretty weird home and got morbidly excited about the new death show at the Wellcome collection.
Best of the Rest
Secret tricks of the trade this week as Rookie showed us a basic guide to taking a better photo, Charlie Porter reviews the weatherman’s controversial jeans (better luck next time) and Richard Ayoade tells Dazed Digital how The Graduate influenced his work.
Tweet of the Week
“GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK FOR 3 SECONDS.”
Comedian @RobDelaney upon reading the BBC article “Could the BBC have done more to help Hungarian Jews in 1944?”
Best, rudest, grossest mash-up video of the week
The poor victim? Sweet, sweet Nigella…
You’ve-got-too-much-spare-time-Tumblr of the week.
What if Adele was Mrs.Doubtfire? This Tumblr will answer that niggling question.
Best puberty-fuelled rap of the week
Some people’s childhoods are different than others. Meet the Twerton Youtez
Best non-pretentious penthouse of the week
Prepare for yourself for house-envy.
Theme Park of the Week
Going to Asia soon? Don’t miss the new Toilet Theme Park whatever you do!
And what better way to end The Weekender than with a picture of a small boy on a Mcdonald’s themed horse? Okay, bye now! (shuts door)
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)