“Nooo they’re drowning! Who on earth am I going to listen to through my headphones whilst I walk moodily in the rain thinking about my ex boyfriend’s duvet?!” etc. etc. Luckily the director of this brilliant new xx video has saved Romy and pals from a watery grave…this time…
Responsible for many videos of the newest, coolest bands, Young Replicant are a “Los Angeles-based director Alex Takacs, and a revolving cast of collaborators” that have been recently signed by www.pulsefilms.com. In this moody, breathy few minutes we are transported to some sort of shipping yard where the members of what looks to be one of the most popular bands EVER are about to commit suicide/go for a swim. If you’ve read any interviews with The xx, you’ll know about the rare closeness the members have with one another, and how the end of this video – which sees them saving each other from drowning – is really a sign of the director doing a great job on his homework. Very nice!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?