“Nooo they’re drowning! Who on earth am I going to listen to through my headphones whilst I walk moodily in the rain thinking about my ex boyfriend’s duvet?!” etc. etc. Luckily the director of this brilliant new xx video has saved Romy and pals from a watery grave…this time…
Responsible for many videos of the newest, coolest bands, Young Replicant are a “Los Angeles-based director Alex Takacs, and a revolving cast of collaborators” that have been recently signed by www.pulsefilms.com. In this moody, breathy few minutes we are transported to some sort of shipping yard where the members of what looks to be one of the most popular bands EVER are about to commit suicide/go for a swim. If you’ve read any interviews with The xx, you’ll know about the rare closeness the members have with one another, and how the end of this video – which sees them saving each other from drowning – is really a sign of the director doing a great job on his homework. Very nice!
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU