The good folks over at Freunde von Freunden have a terrific knack for picking out some of our favourite creative talent and grilling them on their life, loves, hopes and dreams as well as offering a comprehensive look at their living quarters. It’s intoxicating stuff for anyone with an inquisitive eye or a love of the world’s artistes (yeah, that’s right, artistes).
In one of their latest profiles they get up close and personal with illustrative wünderkind Théo Gennitsakis, creator of some of the sexiest work around. We’ve had something of a crush on Théo ever since we featured his work earlier in the year, and this photographic feature just confirms our suspicions; he’s a handsome devil living in an exceptional flat. Much tidier than we expected though, if we’re honest.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”