Things Things Things! What a haul this week. Feast yer eyes on a very nick-able Diwali poster, a drool-worthy Sunspel T-shirt, a journal, a debut magazine and a little DIY chair. Never say we don’t give you enough choice…
Tom Lancaster & Vivienne Lang: Diwali
Fantastic poster here from Tom Lancaster who, with Vivienne Lang, has designed a promotion for Diwali, the festival of lights. Colourful and bright, this is the perfect poster for what looks to be a very fun festival indeed with “magical lighting displays, music, dance, food, stalls and more in London’s famous Trafalgar Square.” See you there!
Fourth and Main Journal
Another cracker of a journal from Fourth and Main, a clothing company that produces such a well put-together magazine that you wonder when they have time to actually make the clothes. Featuring photography by Simon Wheatley, photo features on Pinar Yolacan, Noemie Goudal and consistent flashes of god-like illustrator Micah Lidberg – this film, fashion, illustration, music and culture magazine is a seriously big deal.
Sunspel and Michael Landy
Wow! What a collaboration! Sunspel clothing manufacturers (who make some of the softest T-shirts on the planet) have taken Shepherd’s Purse, an intricate drawing of a weed taken from Michael Landy’s 2002 Nourishment collection and screen-printed it on to a T Shirt. Just in time for Frieze, this T shirt is a wave goodbye to summer and a vigorous reminder of how great it is when art and fashion combine in such harmony.
Suen & Willis
Steph and Lucy of Suen & Willis sent through this charming, wooden lasercut chair inviting us to take a seat and take a look at what they’re up to. Turns out they’re up to quite a bit, running a graphic design studio in Edinburgh that specialises in functionality and high quality finish. Their online portfolio isn’t ready for viewing yet, but this nice notebook and envelope will do us fine for now.
Day Job Magazine Issue 1
Nice debut magazine here exploring the ups and downs of what takes up a minimum of 14% of our lives — working. From jobs loved to jobs hated, this magazine covers the daily routines of people you’ve always wanted to know about, including kebab sellers’ top designers, friars and barbers. Incredibly informative and beautifully designed, we can’t wait for issue 2.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations