A shout out to the people who send us in stuff everyday, whether its their own work, or championing the hard graft of others, we salute you, without you Things wouldn’t exist and that would suck. Big time. So on that note, here is this week’s lovely collection of our favourite things.
Fernweh Heimweh by Jess Gough
‘Fernweh’ means “aching to be away”, whereas ‘Heimweh’ translates as “homesickness” and this describes the work of Jess Gough, a photographer from Berlin. All taken on a 35mm film camera, they capture her experiences abroad and at home, beautiful compositions and lovely subject matter, you really will love her work!
Hotshoe April – May 2013
Hotshoe have gone through a re-design and what a transformation it is! Their new approach is simplistic with the focus on features the “best, groundbreaking photography.” Including our favourite young hitchhikers photographed by Mike Brodie. These guys know where the talent is.
Dan Stafford’s illustrations
Crazed blue cats are the least of your worries when it comes to Dan’s illustrations, which are mental to say the least. Playing “hide and seek with soft airbrush figures”, his work is popping with colour. They sure wouldn’t be very good at hiding!
Kids With Puns
A celebration of the humble pun, Kids With Puns is a student run magazine whereby language is their playground. Teaming up with eight illustrators, they give you their rendition of the pun. Including a definition of the anti-joke, which shoots you down with a logical answer – pow.
Make A Good Thing Happen
There is more to these notebooks than just the lovely illustrations, Wrap magazine asked six illustrators who didn’t know each other to work together in pairs to deign a notebook cover. With only two weeks, they were told to explore three words: ‘input’, ‘process’ and ‘output’. What a result!
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood