A shout out to the people who send us in stuff everyday, whether its their own work, or championing the hard graft of others, we salute you, without you Things wouldn’t exist and that would suck. Big time. So on that note, here is this week’s lovely collection of our favourite things.
Fernweh Heimweh by Jess Gough
‘Fernweh’ means “aching to be away”, whereas ‘Heimweh’ translates as “homesickness” and this describes the work of Jess Gough, a photographer from Berlin. All taken on a 35mm film camera, they capture her experiences abroad and at home, beautiful compositions and lovely subject matter, you really will love her work!
Hotshoe April – May 2013
Hotshoe have gone through a re-design and what a transformation it is! Their new approach is simplistic with the focus on features the “best, groundbreaking photography.” Including our favourite young hitchhikers photographed by Mike Brodie. These guys know where the talent is.
Dan Stafford’s illustrations
Crazed blue cats are the least of your worries when it comes to Dan’s illustrations, which are mental to say the least. Playing “hide and seek with soft airbrush figures”, his work is popping with colour. They sure wouldn’t be very good at hiding!
Kids With Puns
A celebration of the humble pun, Kids With Puns is a student run magazine whereby language is their playground. Teaming up with eight illustrators, they give you their rendition of the pun. Including a definition of the anti-joke, which shoots you down with a logical answer – pow.
Make A Good Thing Happen
There is more to these notebooks than just the lovely illustrations, Wrap magazine asked six illustrators who didn’t know each other to work together in pairs to deign a notebook cover. With only two weeks, they were told to explore three words: ‘input’, ‘process’ and ‘output’. What a result!
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs