I bet you’re thinking we get some weird stuff through the post, we do, but it’s our favourite kind of stuff. So in true It’s Nice That style, give a big welcome to our five fave postal picks of the week.
Perrier: Secret Place Invitation
When this came through the post, it took us a while to figure out what the hell was going on. The aim of the game is to turn up at a laundromat, whereupon you present your stamped wrist and are allowed into a ‘secret place’. What goes on in this secret place? We will never know as we don’t live in Paris. C’est la vie!
The Feast of St. George: Trafalgar Square
On the fair day of April 20 we have been invited to partake in a bunch of English-themed culinary activities at the expense of the Mayor of London. The cleverly designed event poster features a skewered Dragon and sums up us English pretty well – we love to eat! It’s also free. Result!
Colin Kinsley Design Co.
Aloha! Yes that’s right, this package came all the way from Hawaii, and what a delight it is. Humorous illustrations abound, from how to make the Hawaiian speciality spam musubi to the lingo of a Hawaiian Pidgin (see what they’ve done there?). Aloha brah, howzit? Lets go talk story over some grind. (Translation: Hello friend, how are you doing? Let’s go chat over some food.)
Being Billy: Paul John Nelson
I don’t really know much about football, let alone that the Premier League had mascots. But apparently they do, and Being Billy is the story of Billy the Badger, Fulham FC’s black and white mascot. Known for being a bit of a rascal Billy spends all his time horsing (badgering?) around on the Fulham pitch and his story makes for a pretty delightful photographic zine.
Ed Parson’s Photographic Zine
This collection of photographs from Ed are pretty random, with dreamy portraits and a cheeky snap of a kid and his mother on halloween. Crude zoom-ins and grainy shots make this a lovely zine – a great example of staying true to analogue photography.
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns