If someone asked me to create an advert that shows off the fact that a new phone is water-proof, I’d film myself throwing it in the sea/a canal and take a long, well-deserved lunch. That’s why nobody asks me these kind of things. But when Sony Xperia and O2 wanted to show off their new product, they went to some people who knew exactly what they were doing, and created three ace, fun and great-looking promo films. They are directed by Thomas Brown – of whose still-life work we are long time fans – with art directors Jason and Joris at VCCP and director of photography Mattias Nyberg (who previously worked on the brilliantly phallic PETA spot and this beautiful gymnast film).
There’s also an accompanying stills campaign, and all things considered it may be some time before my phone rings.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan