The humble chair has been the focus and opportunity for many a designer to showcase their skill and flair, and as a result we can’t think of any other object that has been created in just about every shape, size, material and colour. But just when we thought we’d seen it all, along came Thomas Feichtner with his latest offering, the extraordinary oak M3 Chair, designed to create space in a winning combination of traditional craftsmanship and contemporary style.
Off the back of his solo exhibition Hands-On Design during London Design Festival last week, the M3 Chair will launch at Neue Wiener Werkstätte as part of this week’s Vienna Design Week. The Austrian designer, who has recently turned his attention to experimenting with an unusual approach to furniture design, has certainly caught our attention with this piece and we look forward to see what’s next.
For those that want to know more about the M3 Chair there’s also this short making of video.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations