While we are well aware that the very concept of Those Who Make – a collection of videos capturing artists at what they do best (designing and making) – is nothing new, we are also well aware of just how great this version is.
Curating and nicely enlightening the world with a carefully considered selection of interviews and video insights into the compassion and intricacies involved in making wonderful things, the Those Who Make site is well worth a look.
It’s the range of content together with the no-fuss simplicity of the website is what makes Those Who Make great. One minute you are watching designer John Cho Moore chip away at a piece of bamboo as he talks about his love of materials that “have good stories”, the next you are watching a man called Henry talk about the art of blending coffee.
So if it is bamboo, pottery, violin-making or just one or two wise words that you are looking for – or even if you are not – make sure you stop off at Those Who Make and indulge in a video or two.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August