While we are well aware that the very concept of Those Who Make – a collection of videos capturing artists at what they do best (designing and making) – is nothing new, we are also well aware of just how great this version is.
Curating and nicely enlightening the world with a carefully considered selection of interviews and video insights into the compassion and intricacies involved in making wonderful things, the Those Who Make site is well worth a look.
It’s the range of content together with the no-fuss simplicity of the website is what makes Those Who Make great. One minute you are watching designer John Cho Moore chip away at a piece of bamboo as he talks about his love of materials that “have good stories”, the next you are watching a man called Henry talk about the art of blending coffee.
So if it is bamboo, pottery, violin-making or just one or two wise words that you are looking for – or even if you are not – make sure you stop off at Those Who Make and indulge in a video or two.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant