While we are well aware that the very concept of Those Who Make – a collection of videos capturing artists at what they do best (designing and making) – is nothing new, we are also well aware of just how great this version is.
Curating and nicely enlightening the world with a carefully considered selection of interviews and video insights into the compassion and intricacies involved in making wonderful things, the Those Who Make site is well worth a look.
It’s the range of content together with the no-fuss simplicity of the website is what makes Those Who Make great. One minute you are watching designer John Cho Moore chip away at a piece of bamboo as he talks about his love of materials that “have good stories”, the next you are watching a man called Henry talk about the art of blending coffee.
So if it is bamboo, pottery, violin-making or just one or two wise words that you are looking for – or even if you are not – make sure you stop off at Those Who Make and indulge in a video or two.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations