While we are well aware that the very concept of Those Who Make – a collection of videos capturing artists at what they do best (designing and making) – is nothing new, we are also well aware of just how great this version is.
Curating and nicely enlightening the world with a carefully considered selection of interviews and video insights into the compassion and intricacies involved in making wonderful things, the Those Who Make site is well worth a look.
It’s the range of content together with the no-fuss simplicity of the website is what makes Those Who Make great. One minute you are watching designer John Cho Moore chip away at a piece of bamboo as he talks about his love of materials that “have good stories”, the next you are watching a man called Henry talk about the art of blending coffee.
So if it is bamboo, pottery, violin-making or just one or two wise words that you are looking for – or even if you are not – make sure you stop off at Those Who Make and indulge in a video or two.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris