For the past few years one of the highlights of the London Design Festival has been Tom Dixon’s Portobello destination The Dock bringing together not only new work from one of the godfathers of the UK design scene, but also interesting and unusual collaborators.
This year the studio is unveiling its stylish new Lustre range of stoneware lights – expect to see them in every trendy restaurant by the end of the year – as well as a new accessories collection. Eclectic is described as " a miscellany of useful and decorative artefacts and curiosities formed of honest, resilient and heavyweight materials, including copper, marble, cast aluminium and wood."
From candles to champagne buckets, money boxes to nut crackers this is a really interesting example of a hugely respected and recognisable brand exploring new products within its signature style and serious design savvy. And if you say you’ve seen abetter copper brogue, you’re lying!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant