For the past few years one of the highlights of the London Design Festival has been Tom Dixon’s Portobello destination The Dock bringing together not only new work from one of the godfathers of the UK design scene, but also interesting and unusual collaborators.
This year the studio is unveiling its stylish new Lustre range of stoneware lights – expect to see them in every trendy restaurant by the end of the year – as well as a new accessories collection. Eclectic is described as " a miscellany of useful and decorative artefacts and curiosities formed of honest, resilient and heavyweight materials, including copper, marble, cast aluminium and wood."
From candles to champagne buckets, money boxes to nut crackers this is a really interesting example of a hugely respected and recognisable brand exploring new products within its signature style and serious design savvy. And if you say you’ve seen abetter copper brogue, you’re lying!
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August