For all the intensity, the stress, the late-nights and the agonising decisions that go into any creative process the end result can sometimes feel a little low-key, barely hinting at the endeavour that has been poured into it.
Not so with Universal Everything whose digital brilliance is more often than not displayed large, loud and proud. Matt Pyke’s latest updates include dazzling visuals for Coldplay’s 2011 Glastonbury slot and subsequent world tour, two pieces for Air France to be screened on Airbus A380s and seven works for the Jean Nouvel-designed Excelsior store in Milan.
“The store is situated in the heart of Milan with LED screens encompassing every floor,” UE explain. “Our digital artworks flow in and out of the internal structure and sync between the floors to create a dynamic visual canvas.”
Combining technological wizadry, flawless visuals and inspiring ambition it’s clear that this already brilliant studio is on a particular hot streak.
Universal Everything: Fuzzyman Visuals for Coldplay World Tour
Universal Everything: Excelsior Milan installation
Universal Everything: AirFrance installations
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)