I find that in polite society, birds can be a bit divisive. For every person who sees in them the majestic realisation of our flight fantasies, there’s someone else who finds them a bit scary and flappy. But even the most unimpressed of this latter group might reassess their position on seeing HelloVon’s sumptuous new collection Flight. The London-based illustrator has today released the limited-edition collectors’ box set featuring five gorgeous new giclee prints which reflect his own fascination with “intricate structures, geometry, grace and inherent beauty” of birds. The abstracted images mark Von’s return to his hugely popular Animals series for the first time in more than a year and the hand-made box is a handsome looking thing too.
Al this proves that Von is a creative at the top of his game (which we knew) and that it is possible to write a post like this without resorting to painful bird puns (I’m as surprised as you).
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns