I find that in polite society, birds can be a bit divisive. For every person who sees in them the majestic realisation of our flight fantasies, there’s someone else who finds them a bit scary and flappy. But even the most unimpressed of this latter group might reassess their position on seeing HelloVon’s sumptuous new collection Flight. The London-based illustrator has today released the limited-edition collectors’ box set featuring five gorgeous new giclee prints which reflect his own fascination with “intricate structures, geometry, grace and inherent beauty” of birds. The abstracted images mark Von’s return to his hugely popular Animals series for the first time in more than a year and the hand-made box is a handsome looking thing too.
Al this proves that Von is a creative at the top of his game (which we knew) and that it is possible to write a post like this without resorting to painful bird puns (I’m as surprised as you).
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf