I find that in polite society, birds can be a bit divisive. For every person who sees in them the majestic realisation of our flight fantasies, there’s someone else who finds them a bit scary and flappy. But even the most unimpressed of this latter group might reassess their position on seeing HelloVon’s sumptuous new collection Flight. The London-based illustrator has today released the limited-edition collectors’ box set featuring five gorgeous new giclee prints which reflect his own fascination with “intricate structures, geometry, grace and inherent beauty” of birds. The abstracted images mark Von’s return to his hugely popular Animals series for the first time in more than a year and the hand-made box is a handsome looking thing too.
Al this proves that Von is a creative at the top of his game (which we knew) and that it is possible to write a post like this without resorting to painful bird puns (I’m as surprised as you).
- Tomáš Kral’s nostalgic 3D short slapstick dragon slaying animation series
- Russia-based Max Litvinov's experimental animations are a delight
- More weird and wonderful work from Wonder Room
- Bruch creates a simple and type-based identity for Quer
- Intimacy, underwear and internet pop-ups in VLF Studio's slick redesign of Under the Influence
- A personal portrait of street life in Casablanca from photographer Yoriyas
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web