There’s an unfair stereotype that younger generations aren’t interested in politics; the truth is they just aren’t engaged with the traditional channels through which politics are presented to the people.
That’s why we welcome this new initiative from WeTransfer and its head of experiences Nelly Ben Hayoun. Every week Politics! will feature a satirical cartoon provided by top illustrators from across Europe and beyond as a comment on the state of the continent’s political scene in the wake of the recent European elections. But Nelly has also issued an open call for creatives to submit their own image to serve as one of WeTransfer’s iconic full-screen backgrounds.
She says: “WeTransfer has 50 million active monthly users; that’s 50 million voices and critical opinions. We Transfer is a fantastic platform for debate and that is what the Politics! series is set to prove. We want to actively engage users into critically thinking what the future of politics might be, can be and should be. Satirical cartoons are a genius artistic medium that convey just that. The result of the European Elections were very alarming and they triggered the need for this series to exist.”
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"