There’s an unfair stereotype that younger generations aren’t interested in politics; the truth is they just aren’t engaged with the traditional channels through which politics are presented to the people.
That’s why we welcome this new initiative from WeTransfer and its head of experiences Nelly Ben Hayoun. Every week Politics! will feature a satirical cartoon provided by top illustrators from across Europe and beyond as a comment on the state of the continent’s political scene in the wake of the recent European elections. But Nelly has also issued an open call for creatives to submit their own image to serve as one of WeTransfer’s iconic full-screen backgrounds.
She says: “WeTransfer has 50 million active monthly users; that’s 50 million voices and critical opinions. We Transfer is a fantastic platform for debate and that is what the Politics! series is set to prove. We want to actively engage users into critically thinking what the future of politics might be, can be and should be. Satirical cartoons are a genius artistic medium that convey just that. The result of the European Elections were very alarming and they triggered the need for this series to exist.”
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”