HTML5 is all the rage at the moment, but this new game designed by Wieden+Kennedy for Honda Civic’s Follow Happy campaign is one of the most interesting ways we have seen it harnessed for a brand. Reminiscent of the same company’s hugely successful cog campaign of 2003, this time in The Experiment we are participants rather than mere spectators, set a series of challenges to create our own chain reactions with simple yet satisfying results. There’s also a nice set of promo vides with gnomic but intriguing clips inviting us to “Follow Happy” – the philosophy which underpins Honda’s design strategy.
This article was produced in partnership with Unruly Media
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s