HTML5 is all the rage at the moment, but this new game designed by Wieden+Kennedy for Honda Civic’s Follow Happy campaign is one of the most interesting ways we have seen it harnessed for a brand. Reminiscent of the same company’s hugely successful cog campaign of 2003, this time in The Experiment we are participants rather than mere spectators, set a series of challenges to create our own chain reactions with simple yet satisfying results. There’s also a nice set of promo vides with gnomic but intriguing clips inviting us to “Follow Happy” – the philosophy which underpins Honda’s design strategy.
This article was produced in partnership with Unruly Media
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again