HTML5 is all the rage at the moment, but this new game designed by Wieden+Kennedy for Honda Civic’s Follow Happy campaign is one of the most interesting ways we have seen it harnessed for a brand. Reminiscent of the same company’s hugely successful cog campaign of 2003, this time in The Experiment we are participants rather than mere spectators, set a series of challenges to create our own chain reactions with simple yet satisfying results. There’s also a nice set of promo vides with gnomic but intriguing clips inviting us to “Follow Happy” – the philosophy which underpins Honda’s design strategy.
This article was produced in partnership with Unruly Media
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?