Wilfred van der Weide and Timo Demollin are a young pair of designers working together under the moniker of wilfredtimo, producing beautifully bold, achingly cool, graphic design. With an approach that’s undeniably playful these young Dutchmen are building a portfolio of incredibly engaging work that makes deft use of both analogue and digital techniques.
Take their We Can Be Heroes project for example, a comprehensive identity and branding project for the annual HKU Award that takes the vernacular of comic book superheroes as its starting point. To execute these stunning posters wilfredtimo created a series of glossy one-colour posters, contorted and photographed them, then added screen printed gold swooshes (we’re sure there must be a specific name for those lines of movement you get in comics) to complete the superhero theme. They also created bent metal posters to be used as the physical awards themselves. If that doesn’t show commitment to an idea then tell me, what does?
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"