Just over a year on from his debut comics anthology, Joe Kessler is back with the second edition of Windowpane, another surreal foray into a world of sexual exploration, existential crisis and the speed-carving of chess pieces. Just like last time Joe’s been generous with the number of stories on offer and the richness of imagery too; you’re as likely to get lost in the detail of each panel as you are in the overall narratives.
As any long-term collectors of Joe’s work will know (I’ve been collecting for a few years now as it happens), these anthologies link visually, taking you on a strange journey from the first to last page, occasionally losing you in some alternative reality for a while before bringing you back to earth for the climax; in this instance a standing ovation from a concert-hall crowd comprised of the artist’s own ecstatic face congratulating you for hanging on until the final curtain.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations