It’s that time of the year – the YCN Professional Awards are now open for entries and once again competition is sure to be fierce as the freshest creative talent at work around the world battle it out for the prestigious prizes.
Last year entries flooded in from 35 countries and now individuals, teams and studios — graduated or formed within the last eight years —are invited to submit recent client projects for six categories; brand identity, design for print, digital design, illustration, photography and animation.
This year’s all-star jury includes Richard Turley, Morag Myerscough, Bianca Wendt, Tom Uglow and Noma Bar among others who will take part in two rounds of online judging before live jury days hosted by Soho House in London, New York, Toronto and Berlin.
Anthony Gerace has produced the look and feel for this year’s Call for Entries Campaign, using images deconstructed on a grid and the strapline “Break It Down.” Anthony is also working with ceramicist Helen Johannessen on a delicate interpretation of this year’s Physical Award — last year turned into a glittering snow dome by Craig Ward.
Entries close on 21 May and the winners will not only receive their prizes at a social event in London but will also be profiled in an annual publication. So, like, what are you even waiting for?
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant