It’s that time of the year – the YCN Professional Awards are now open for entries and once again competition is sure to be fierce as the freshest creative talent at work around the world battle it out for the prestigious prizes.
Last year entries flooded in from 35 countries and now individuals, teams and studios — graduated or formed within the last eight years —are invited to submit recent client projects for six categories; brand identity, design for print, digital design, illustration, photography and animation.
This year’s all-star jury includes Richard Turley, Morag Myerscough, Bianca Wendt, Tom Uglow and Noma Bar among others who will take part in two rounds of online judging before live jury days hosted by Soho House in London, New York, Toronto and Berlin.
Anthony Gerace has produced the look and feel for this year’s Call for Entries Campaign, using images deconstructed on a grid and the strapline “Break It Down.” Anthony is also working with ceramicist Helen Johannessen on a delicate interpretation of this year’s Physical Award — last year turned into a glittering snow dome by Craig Ward.
Entries close on 21 May and the winners will not only receive their prizes at a social event in London but will also be profiled in an annual publication. So, like, what are you even waiting for?
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)