It’s that time of the year – the YCN Professional Awards are now open for entries and once again competition is sure to be fierce as the freshest creative talent at work around the world battle it out for the prestigious prizes.
Last year entries flooded in from 35 countries and now individuals, teams and studios — graduated or formed within the last eight years —are invited to submit recent client projects for six categories; brand identity, design for print, digital design, illustration, photography and animation.
This year’s all-star jury includes Richard Turley, Morag Myerscough, Bianca Wendt, Tom Uglow and Noma Bar among others who will take part in two rounds of online judging before live jury days hosted by Soho House in London, New York, Toronto and Berlin.
Anthony Gerace has produced the look and feel for this year’s Call for Entries Campaign, using images deconstructed on a grid and the strapline “Break It Down.” Anthony is also working with ceramicist Helen Johannessen on a delicate interpretation of this year’s Physical Award — last year turned into a glittering snow dome by Craig Ward.
Entries close on 21 May and the winners will not only receive their prizes at a social event in London but will also be profiled in an annual publication. So, like, what are you even waiting for?
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity