Emiliano Granado has already proven himself to be a master when it comes to documenting the great American outdoors. The Brooklyn-based photographer spends an enviable amount of time shooting for premium sportswear brands like Rapha and Outlier and publications that deal with adventure and exploration. He can take a great shot of pretty much anything, but it’s always clear that his passions lie within the big, wide world.
With that in mind he’s just set up a publication with friend and collaborator Daniel Pasley that deals specifically with getting outside and seeking adventure. Yonder Journal is, in Emiliano’s own words, “An exploration of American Frontiers and Western Principles. We kinda know what that means, but we kinda don’t. We’ll figure it out along the way, and that’s really Western if you ask me.”
What that really equates to is a bunch of cool dudes having a ball in the American countryside; kayaking, cycling, walking and camping, bathing nude in hot springs, whittling branches with sharp knives, herding cattle, cooking on open fires and breaking their backs to have a really great time; all beautifully documented with impeccable photographs and engaging written accounts.
- Artful fashion reportage from New York photographer Landon Nordeman
- My Name is Wendy creates beautiful posters celebrating French poet Stéphane Mallarmé
- Experiments in geometric shapes, cut-out, collaged and drawn typography by artist Michael Morris
- Gwendal Le Bec’s new website is chock-full of wonderful new work
- Jonny Seymour’s cute and strange photo series of six-year-old Chinese kids’ “graduation”
- Ibán Ramón creates refreshingly simple identity for a Spanish food festival
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Publishing platform Medium launches its new identity