Emiliano Granado has already proven himself to be a master when it comes to documenting the great American outdoors. The Brooklyn-based photographer spends an enviable amount of time shooting for premium sportswear brands like Rapha and Outlier and publications that deal with adventure and exploration. He can take a great shot of pretty much anything, but it’s always clear that his passions lie within the big, wide world.
With that in mind he’s just set up a publication with friend and collaborator Daniel Pasley that deals specifically with getting outside and seeking adventure. Yonder Journal is, in Emiliano’s own words, “An exploration of American Frontiers and Western Principles. We kinda know what that means, but we kinda don’t. We’ll figure it out along the way, and that’s really Western if you ask me.”
What that really equates to is a bunch of cool dudes having a ball in the American countryside; kayaking, cycling, walking and camping, bathing nude in hot springs, whittling branches with sharp knives, herding cattle, cooking on open fires and breaking their backs to have a really great time; all beautifully documented with impeccable photographs and engaging written accounts.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU