Emiliano Granado has already proven himself to be a master when it comes to documenting the great American outdoors. The Brooklyn-based photographer spends an enviable amount of time shooting for premium sportswear brands like Rapha and Outlier and publications that deal with adventure and exploration. He can take a great shot of pretty much anything, but it’s always clear that his passions lie within the big, wide world.
With that in mind he’s just set up a publication with friend and collaborator Daniel Pasley that deals specifically with getting outside and seeking adventure. Yonder Journal is, in Emiliano’s own words, “An exploration of American Frontiers and Western Principles. We kinda know what that means, but we kinda don’t. We’ll figure it out along the way, and that’s really Western if you ask me.”
What that really equates to is a bunch of cool dudes having a ball in the American countryside; kayaking, cycling, walking and camping, bathing nude in hot springs, whittling branches with sharp knives, herding cattle, cooking on open fires and breaking their backs to have a really great time; all beautifully documented with impeccable photographs and engaging written accounts.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100