A musician, composer and product designer, Yuri embraces the physicality of music and vinyl records in an increasingly digital age; projects such as The physical value of Sound aim to “provoke people’s interest in physical music media once again”, and question the consequences of digitisation and reducing music to “data”. As part of Field Trip, Yuri will run a one-day workshop exploring the intersection between product design, sound art and graphics.
He also manages to find time to work as a designer for Teenage Engineering, and is currently working on a book in collaboration with Åbäke.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery