A musician, composer and product designer, Yuri embraces the physicality of music and vinyl records in an increasingly digital age; projects such as The physical value of Sound aim to “provoke people’s interest in physical music media once again”, and question the consequences of digitisation and reducing music to “data”. As part of Field Trip, Yuri will run a one-day workshop exploring the intersection between product design, sound art and graphics.
He also manages to find time to work as a designer for Teenage Engineering, and is currently working on a book in collaboration with Åbäke.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”