Zejian Shen’s comics are inky and bloody and consistently surprising. From the snogging couple pulled over for drink driving in the cosmos, to the murdering motorcycling cactus-haired skeleton, her comics go on speedy, surreal, jam-packed trips. And from two shipwrecked alcoholics spinning for the first sip to the insatiable bee buzzing randily from one flower to another, although you’re never sure where these comics will take you, you’re sure to be met with things you’ve not even contemplated imagining.
Along with the filthy sex and violence, there’s a few touching hints at falling in love, missing connections and looking out for one another. Party Plans, her ongoing saga detailing Victor Volcano’s epic birthday scandal featuring Bobby Basilisk, Betty Boulder, Max Meteor and many others, is insanely inventive and deserves attempting to follow in full. We posted a painting by Zejian a couple of years ago. Since then her comics have rocketed in their ambitious insanity.
- Marvel Studio release rejected Iron Man logos
- Dull reality spruced up beautifully by photographer Teddy Delcroix
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield