Another Man has released the theme and cover stars of its SS17 issue, Sonic Universe.
The line-up includes Oliver Sim of The XX and twin brothers George and Jack Barnett of These New Puritans, photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by creative director Alister Mackie. The third cover sees photographer Ethan James Green shoot Faris Badwan of The Horrors and Cat’s Eyes, while artist Elizabeth Peyton has painted a special cover of Iceage frontman Elias Bender Rønnenfelt.
As well as the four alternate cover stars the Sonic Universe issue includes Jarvis Cocker on the collective dreams world of Carl Jung’s The Red Book, Wild Daughter’s James Jeanette meeting Robert Mapplethorpe’s muse David Croland, and Lias Saoudi of The Fat White Family introducing his Moonlandingz alter-ego ‘Johnny Rocket’.
The issue also includes a 32-page “psychedelic document” featuring a tour in London’s College of Psychic Studies, the Dali of Danish jewellery and “a mad scientist who dropped acid with dolphins”.
The issue is available from 24 March.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors