Another Man has released the theme and cover stars of its SS17 issue, Sonic Universe.
The line-up includes Oliver Sim of The XX and twin brothers George and Jack Barnett of These New Puritans, photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by creative director Alister Mackie. The third cover sees photographer Ethan James Green shoot Faris Badwan of The Horrors and Cat’s Eyes, while artist Elizabeth Peyton has painted a special cover of Iceage frontman Elias Bender Rønnenfelt.
As well as the four alternate cover stars the Sonic Universe issue includes Jarvis Cocker on the collective dreams world of Carl Jung’s The Red Book, Wild Daughter’s James Jeanette meeting Robert Mapplethorpe’s muse David Croland, and Lias Saoudi of The Fat White Family introducing his Moonlandingz alter-ego ‘Johnny Rocket’.
The issue also includes a 32-page “psychedelic document” featuring a tour in London’s College of Psychic Studies, the Dali of Danish jewellery and “a mad scientist who dropped acid with dolphins”.
The issue is available from 24 March.
- "The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger" - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Friday Mixtape: Robbie Simon's mix for a party at 9am, with no end in sight
- Jack Davison captures the “progress of time” for Noon magazine
- Kyung Me’s detailed series tells the tale of a cat struggling with identity
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s