Chloë Sevigny has directed the 13th instalment of Miu Miu’s Women’s Tales series.
The brand’s Women’s Tales series launched in 2012 in partnership with Venice Film Festival and has seen Miranda July, Lucrerica Martel and Crystal Moselle in directorial roles.
For Carmen the latest short, Chloë follows comedian Carmen Lynch performing in New York, cinematically filmed throughout the city and venues. Chloë directs a humorous but lonely portrait of the artist, displaying Carmen’s performances that discuss points relevant to women today.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label