Photographers Francesca Allen and Maisie Cousins will launch a joint exhibition this evening (9 February 2017). I Feel Sick / Hot Flush, is the first time the pair have displayed their work together. The exhibition will take place at KK Outlet, London, until 27 February. Each photographer will take a room of KK Outlet to transform into, “their own celebration of sex, pleasure and freedom”.
“We meet the work of the photographers at a point in their lives where there is a sense of coming of age – a phrase traditionally associated with puberty – but something that perhaps becomes more relevant as a young woman,” says KK Outlet. “Throughout their images they’re exploring the female body with defiant sexuality and a feeling of anxious excitement.”
Within the exhibition Francesca will showcase a series of portraits, displaying powerful women embracing sexual freedom. Maisie’s work displays her collages that incomparably balance tension and humour. “There’s a huge sense of fun, rebelliousness and self-assuredness – the women in the work are in control”.
The exhibition runs from 10 – 27 February, more information can be found here.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again