Photographers Francesca Allen and Maisie Cousins will launch a joint exhibition this evening (9 February 2017). I Feel Sick / Hot Flush, is the first time the pair have displayed their work together. The exhibition will take place at KK Outlet, London, until 27 February. Each photographer will take a room of KK Outlet to transform into, “their own celebration of sex, pleasure and freedom”.
“We meet the work of the photographers at a point in their lives where there is a sense of coming of age – a phrase traditionally associated with puberty – but something that perhaps becomes more relevant as a young woman,” says KK Outlet. “Throughout their images they’re exploring the female body with defiant sexuality and a feeling of anxious excitement.”
Within the exhibition Francesca will showcase a series of portraits, displaying powerful women embracing sexual freedom. Maisie’s work displays her collages that incomparably balance tension and humour. “There’s a huge sense of fun, rebelliousness and self-assuredness – the women in the work are in control”.
The exhibition runs from 10 – 27 February, more information can be found here.
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc