Giphy Arts, the creative arm of Giphy, has worked with 12 artists to release gif sticker packs for iMessage. The company selected a range of artists from its Giphy Artists section, which features and commissions illustrators and animators who create gif artworks. Purposely choosing 12 artists with diverse styles, it worked with each of them to develop their work into formats best suited for animated stickers. The packs can be purchased from the App Store for $0.99 for use on iPhone and iPad.
The company’s team developed a Giphy Arts version of the iMessage sticker app, allowing artists to overcome technical barriers and easily upload their own artworks for users to include in their messages. Giphy also will not be taking a cut from the app’s profits.
Contributing artists include Ailadi, Csaba Klement, EyeBodega, Andrey Kasay, John Karel, Hannah Nance, Jocelyn Tsaih, Koji Yamamoto, Nelson Diaz, Nicole Casella, Nicolette Groome, Pat Kain.
Last year Google launched its messenger app Allo with over 500 stickers by leading international illustrators, including Marylou Faure and Jean Jullien, commissioned by creative agency Anyways.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know