After a seven year silence, virtual band Gorillaz has returned with a new album Humanz. Set for release by Parlophone Records on 28 April, the 14-track album features collaborations with Jehnny Beth of Savages, Danny Brown, Benjamin Clementine, De La Soul, D.R.A.M., Peven Everett, Anthony Hamilton, Grace Jones, Zebra Katz, Kelela, Mavis Staples, Vince Staples, Popcaan, Pusha T, Jamie Principle and Kali Uchis.
The album’s release is announced with an animated film directed by by band’s co-creator Jamie Hewlett. The six minute long film titled Saturnz Barz (Spirit House), and set in a creepy haunted house, features the band’s familiar crew of cartoon characters. Four of the album’s tracks – Saturnz Barz, Ascension, Andromeda and We Got The Power, are included. A 360 3D VR version has been released, with an interactive VR version set for release in April.
- Like a milder version of Marmite, it’s Best of the Web!
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels