Graphic designer Jonathan Barnbrook, musician and designer Andrew Savage, and director Romain Gavras are among the nominees for the Grammys 2017.
Jonathan has been nominated for Best Recording Package for his design of David Bowie’s Blackstar album. Andrew has also been nominated in this category for the cover of Human Performance by his band Parquet Courts. The other nominees are Ciarra Pardo and Robyn Fenty for Rihanna’s ANTI album cover; Sarah Dodds and Shauna Dodds for Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel artwork; and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Millionartwork.
The video for Jamie xx’s Gosh, directed by Romain Gavras, has been nominated for Best Music Video. The category also includes the video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas and Leon Bridges’ River video, directed by Miles Jay.
Jonathan Barnbrook is speaking at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books