Graphic designer Jonathan Barnbrook, musician and designer Andrew Savage, and director Romain Gavras are among the nominees for the Grammys 2017.
Jonathan has been nominated for Best Recording Package for his design of David Bowie’s Blackstar album. Andrew has also been nominated in this category for the cover of Human Performance by his band Parquet Courts. The other nominees are Ciarra Pardo and Robyn Fenty for Rihanna’s ANTI album cover; Sarah Dodds and Shauna Dodds for Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel artwork; and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Millionartwork.
The video for Jamie xx’s Gosh, directed by Romain Gavras, has been nominated for Best Music Video. The category also includes the video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas and Leon Bridges’ River video, directed by Miles Jay.
Jonathan Barnbrook is speaking at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors