In the wake of Gumtree’s rebrand a couple of weeks ago, the classifieds website has now launched a TV ad to sit alongside its brand refresh. The spot will be broadcast from today (18 January) and sees a father buying a piano for his daughter through Gumtree. The viewer is taken on a journey showing what this could mean for her and shows the world of opportunities that are available.
Created by London agency Fold7 the campaign’s strapline is “Opportunity starts on Gumtree,” and this ad will be the first in a series created by the agency. Hannah Wilson, head of marketing at Gumtree says: “Our previous campaigns have focused on the fact that we are local, free and easy. We’re excited to now show the emotional relationship people have using Gumtree.”
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU