In the wake of Gumtree’s rebrand a couple of weeks ago, the classifieds website has now launched a TV ad to sit alongside its brand refresh. The spot will be broadcast from today (18 January) and sees a father buying a piano for his daughter through Gumtree. The viewer is taken on a journey showing what this could mean for her and shows the world of opportunities that are available.
Created by London agency Fold7 the campaign’s strapline is “Opportunity starts on Gumtree,” and this ad will be the first in a series created by the agency. Hannah Wilson, head of marketing at Gumtree says: “Our previous campaigns have focused on the fact that we are local, free and easy. We’re excited to now show the emotional relationship people have using Gumtree.”
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design