Artist Jo Ratcliffe has teamed up with Another magazine to make an animation which celebrates the launch of a new quilted Chanel handbag named “Gabrielle” after the fashion house’s founder.
The cell animation is made up of 1,457 Indian ink drawings in red and black. It forms one longer animation and three shorter clips, all soundtracked by music from violinist Ysanne Spevack.
The first clip shows a Chanel nail varnish transforming into a female hand before morphing into a curvy figure dressed in a Chanel bikini carrying a Gabrielle handbag. The second animation shows lines snaking into a red Chanel lipstick which then becomes a female profile. The last animation shows a grid background becoming a woman with “Gabrielle” written in red across her chest.
- Like a milder version of Marmite, it’s Best of the Web!
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels