For Justice’s new video, the French duo have enlisted the services of director Pascal Teixeira and yes, believe your eyes, actress Susan Sarandon to dance along to their brilliant single, Fire.
The video takes you on a trip to a nostalgic American landscape, the open road, driving along with your pals in the sunshine, who are of course an effortlessly cool French electronic duo and an iconic actress. Pascal’s directorial style of shots saturated with beaming sunlight, reflected in sunglasses and the buffed bonnet of the car creates the ideal environment to listen to this uplifting song.
The car featured within the video has also sparked a youtube comment debate on whether it’s a 1984-85 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible or the similar, A60 Toyota Celica convertible. Susan Sarandon is dancing along to Justice, so divert your eyes from the motor.
When the gang aren’t driving around vacant landscape with the top down, naturally Susan is featured dancing along to Fire. The interweaving shots of the actress, the band and the landscape, are edited cohesively together so that the film never appears staged despite the names involved.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc