For Justice’s new video, the French duo have enlisted the services of director Pascal Teixeira and yes, believe your eyes, actress Susan Sarandon to dance along to their brilliant single, Fire.
The video takes you on a trip to a nostalgic American landscape, the open road, driving along with your pals in the sunshine, who are of course an effortlessly cool French electronic duo and an iconic actress. Pascal’s directorial style of shots saturated with beaming sunlight, reflected in sunglasses and the buffed bonnet of the car creates the ideal environment to listen to this uplifting song.
The car featured within the video has also sparked a youtube comment debate on whether it’s a 1984-85 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible or the similar, A60 Toyota Celica convertible. Susan Sarandon is dancing along to Justice, so divert your eyes from the motor.
When the gang aren’t driving around vacant landscape with the top down, naturally Susan is featured dancing along to Fire. The interweaving shots of the actress, the band and the landscape, are edited cohesively together so that the film never appears staged despite the names involved.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again