On Thursday 4 February we’re hosting an event with Uniqlo and four creatives to celebrate New Perspectives. Illustrator and art director Jesse Auersalo, artist Nick Veasey, photographer Rebecca Scheinberg and digital artist Thomas Traum will all be there to talk about how they tackled the New Perspectives brief and what goes into working on a project like this.
As part of our recent partnership with Uniqlo celebrating LifeWear, we asked these four creatives with wildly different ways of working to represent a Uniqlo garment of their choosing in an entirely new way. From Nick Veasey’s eerie x-rays of a down parka, to Thomas Traum’s surreal digital animations, the results have all been outstanding. Equally fascinating are their processes.
Join us for beers and pizza and to learn more about each work.
31 New Inn Yard
Sign up here!
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design