Nike has revealed the designs for a significant expansion to its headquarters in Beaverton Oregon. Estimated for completion in 2018 the 297000 m2 expansion has been designed by ZGF Architects, SRG partnership and Skylab architecture with the landscape designed by Place Studio. The new development is the latest expansion of the site that opened in 1990 and doubled its footprint in 2001. The new buildings will provide office, mixed use and parking spaces.
“The architecture itself takes inspiration from human movement, speed and the strength and energy of competition,” says Nike. “A beacon serves as a campus center while spanning structures radiating from the tower pay homage to Nike’s namesake, the winged goddess of victory.”
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s