The Graduates 2017 is our annual showcase of the UK’s undergraduate creative talent and next Wednesday 5 July, we will reveal the chosen Graduates at a one-off private party.
The evening’s event is supported by our sponsor A/D/O – a creative space based in Brooklyn, New York, founded by MINI, which is dedicated to exploring new boundaries in design.
This year’s 11 graduates have been hand-picked by the It’s Nice That team from over 1,000 applicants. Providing a glimpse into the UK’s burgeoning art and design industry, they represent the most original, innovative and exciting creative work being made right now.
Work from the final 11 will be exhibited at Our/London vodka distillery in Hackney Downs, where you’ll also get the chance to meet this super talented group. The party will be followed by a one-day It’s Nice That site takeover the next day (Thursday 6 July), where you can read interviews with each of our Grads.
Join us at 6pm to meet the class of 2017 and celebrate with a beer and slice of pizza on us. A limited number of tickets are available so please RSVP by 6pm Tuesday 4 July via the Eventbrite link below.
Our/London Vodka Ltd
Arch 435 & 436
Supported by A/D/O
Founded by MINI, A/D/O is a creative space in Greenpoint, Brooklyn dedicated to exploring new boundaries in design. At its heart is the Design Academy, which offers a range of programming to professional designers, intended to provoke and invigorate their creative practice.
If you’re after more advice and insight into the creative industries, sign up to Lecture in Progress – It’s Nice That’s new sister company, which was launched to inspire, inform and empower emerging talent with information on the workings of the creative world.
- Beyond Dementia exhibition features artworks and curation by people with the condition
- Creatives' favourite music videos: the inspirational, forbidden and political
- Scott Sheffield examines tourism in the small towns surrounding America’s National Parks
- ECAL photography graduate Cécilia Poupon elevates everyday beauty
- Illustrator Franz Lang draws your daily struggles
- Graffiti, murals and design: Jake Foreman illustrates all mediums in new zine, Flash
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels