The 2016 QS World University Rankings have named London’s Royal College of Art and the world’s best university for art and design, with the capital’s University of the Arts London taking fifth place.
This is the second year running that the RCA has scooped the top spot in the list.
The full list is as follows:
1.Royal College of Art (London)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts)
3. Rhode Island School of Design (Rhode Island)
4.Parsons School of Design (New York)
5. University of the Arts London (London)
6. Pratt Institute (New York)
7. School of the Art Insititute Chicago (Chicago) Joint
8. Stanford University (California)/Yale University (Connecticut)
10. Politecnico di Milano (Milan)
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality