The 2016 QS World University Rankings have named London’s Royal College of Art and the world’s best university for art and design, with the capital’s University of the Arts London taking fifth place.
This is the second year running that the RCA has scooped the top spot in the list.
The full list is as follows:
1.Royal College of Art (London)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts)
3. Rhode Island School of Design (Rhode Island)
4.Parsons School of Design (New York)
5. University of the Arts London (London)
6. Pratt Institute (New York)
7. School of the Art Insititute Chicago (Chicago) Joint
8. Stanford University (California)/Yale University (Connecticut)
10. Politecnico di Milano (Milan)
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc