The 2016 QS World University Rankings have named London’s Royal College of Art and the world’s best university for art and design, with the capital’s University of the Arts London taking fifth place.
This is the second year running that the RCA has scooped the top spot in the list.
The full list is as follows:
1.Royal College of Art (London)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts)
3. Rhode Island School of Design (Rhode Island)
4.Parsons School of Design (New York)
5. University of the Arts London (London)
6. Pratt Institute (New York)
7. School of the Art Insititute Chicago (Chicago) Joint
8. Stanford University (California)/Yale University (Connecticut)
10. Politecnico di Milano (Milan)
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale