Wieden + Kennedy Portland has created this spot for Samsung’s new Galaxy S7 which stars Wesley Snipes, Lil Wayne and William H. Macy among many other cameos. Titled, Why? the ad sees people questioning why their phones can’t be more powerful, have a longer-lasting battery, bigger memory, or be waterproof, all the new features in the new Galaxy S7.
A mix of celebs and self-mockery the ad strikes the balance well with highlights including Lil Wayne dousing his phone in champagne while it breaks and asking “How am I supposed to show how rich and carefree I am?”
The spot was first broadcast during ABC’s Academy Awards coverage on Sunday and is part of a series of ads that show off the features of the phone more specifically.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design