Wieden + Kennedy Portland has created this spot for Samsung’s new Galaxy S7 which stars Wesley Snipes, Lil Wayne and William H. Macy among many other cameos. Titled, Why? the ad sees people questioning why their phones can’t be more powerful, have a longer-lasting battery, bigger memory, or be waterproof, all the new features in the new Galaxy S7.
A mix of celebs and self-mockery the ad strikes the balance well with highlights including Lil Wayne dousing his phone in champagne while it breaks and asking “How am I supposed to show how rich and carefree I am?”
The spot was first broadcast during ABC’s Academy Awards coverage on Sunday and is part of a series of ads that show off the features of the phone more specifically.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU