Another week over and here we are, ready to embrace the weekend once more. If you’re in need of some light relief and internet silliness then BOTW is the place to be. This week we’ve got fashion parodies, a Harry Potter art collection, a renovated Frank Gehry building and Peter Lindbergh’s “best photo”.
Business of Fashion has done an interesting round-up of the best fashion companies to work for in 2017. (Ali)
The Guardian is set to go tabloid. (Andrew)
HARRY POTTER NERD ALERT – the Pottermore Art Collection has launched a series of prints inspired by the stories. (Simon)
Check out this documentary by recent grad Georgina Yi Wan about the experience of Chinese students studying fashion at CSM. (Bryony)
Peter Lindbergh talks to The Guardian about his “best shot” (above), which turned out to be the birth of the supermodel. (Beccy)
There’s a library at Harvard that protects the rarest colours in the world. (Julian)
An abandoned art deco cinema in Dalston could have a future as an arts space. (Tim)
Creative brains depicted by Mr Bingo. (Jenny)
These Inuit sisters are preserving cultural traditions via YouTube. In this video (below) they sing a beautifully odd love song. (Bryony)
Explore illustrator James Jean’s LA home , a renovated Frank Gehry building. (Simon)
Stevie Rowing-Parker has created a range of cards for single mums on Father’s Day, “because if you do both jobs, why shouldn’t you get both cards?” (Jenny)
The founder of parody fashion brand Vetememes has launched Boolenciaga. (Owen)
Who to follow
Quite literally a list of fantastic people you should follow on Instagram, right away.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s