Another week over and here we are, ready to embrace the weekend once more. If you’re in need of some light relief and internet silliness then BOTW is the place to be. This week we’ve got fashion parodies, a Harry Potter art collection, a renovated Frank Gehry building and Peter Lindbergh’s “best photo”.
Business of Fashion has done an interesting round-up of the best fashion companies to work for in 2017. (Ali)
The Guardian is set to go tabloid. (Andrew)
HARRY POTTER NERD ALERT – the Pottermore Art Collection has launched a series of prints inspired by the stories. (Simon)
Check out this documentary by recent grad Georgina Yi Wan about the experience of Chinese students studying fashion at CSM. (Bryony)
Peter Lindbergh talks to The Guardian about his “best shot” (above), which turned out to be the birth of the supermodel. (Beccy)
There’s a library at Harvard that protects the rarest colours in the world. (Julian)
An abandoned art deco cinema in Dalston could have a future as an arts space. (Tim)
Creative brains depicted by Mr Bingo. (Jenny)
These Inuit sisters are preserving cultural traditions via YouTube. In this video (below) they sing a beautifully odd love song. (Bryony)
Explore illustrator James Jean’s LA home , a renovated Frank Gehry building. (Simon)
Stevie Rowing-Parker has created a range of cards for single mums on Father’s Day, “because if you do both jobs, why shouldn’t you get both cards?” (Jenny)
The founder of parody fashion brand Vetememes has launched Boolenciaga. (Owen)
Who to follow
Quite literally a list of fantastic people you should follow on Instagram, right away.
- National Geographic’s creative director Emmet Smith on the publication’s redesign
- Leon Mark’s refined and infinitely stylish photography
- Sophie Harris-Taylor shares anecdotes and insights from her photo series, Sisters
- Designer Anatole Couteau's technical approach lets him communicate simply and precisely
- A peek inside Hicham Amrani's trippy new comic Svend & Xanax
- Friday Mixtape: The Orielles mix for "good times with good people"
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura
- Bad week for art world as Jeff Koons piece is smashed and imitation Happy Meal thrown away