Somewhere between Moon, The Fifth Element, Tintin: Destination Moon and 2001: A Space Odyssey sits Eclipse, a brand new piece of animation from Gobelins students (yes, students) Theo Guignard, Noé Lecombre and Hugo Moreno. It’s got all the classic sci-fi staples – eerie soundtrack, mysterious evil/benign paranormal entity, barren lunar landscape – and it’s drawn in a style evocative of the classic cartoon greats. That’s all the information we’re prepared to supply for fear of ruining the experience of this perfectly-paced, beautifully atmospheric animation.
If you think you’re too busy to stop for four minutes and immerse yourself in some sci-fi this afternoon then you better get your priorities in order. You’re wrong, this is great, you NEED to watch it.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme